Meet the Professor Sessions will be held on Thursday, May 25 and Friday, May 26 between 08:00 and 08:50. There is no need to register for these sessions. If the room is full you may need to choose to attend a different session.
Meet the Professor Sessions provide participants the opportunity to be updated about the topic of interest in a highly interactive manner. Meet the Professor Sessions at the 2017 Meeting will consist of interactive case-based discussions each with a coordinator who will select and present cases and either one or two expert discussants. The conveners may frequently use case reports with questions regarding diagnosis and management.
Participants are encouraged to submit educational or controversial cases to one of the Meet the Professor sessions (see session list below) by selecting the relevant abstract topic and sub-topic (click here to view the list), and by selecting the stream: Case Report or Case Series during the abstract submission process.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR CASE TO ONE OF THE MEET THE PROFESSOR SESSIONS:
Case submission will open in due course
- Enter the abstract submission system.
- Please note: Sub-topics preceded by the letters "MTP" map to one of the Meet the Professor sessions of the Meeting.
- Should you wish to have your abstract considered as an educational or controversial case in one of these sessions, please select the stream: Case Report or Case and the relevant Meet the Professor Session sub-topic (out of the sub-topics preceded by the letters "MTP"), from the dropdown menu . If you choose one of these categories your abstract may be considered for case presentation in one of the relevant Meet the Professor sessions.
- Complete the abstract submission process.
- Authors of cases selected for the MTP sessions will be informed by email regarding the status of their abstract.
MEET THE PROFESSOR SESSIONS:
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 1: Severe pertussis|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 2: OPAT: importance in an antibiotic stewardship programme|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 3: Congenital toxoplasmosis: Can we do any better?|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 4: HIV in adolescents|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 5: Cases in tropical infections |
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 6: Invasive fungal infection in immunocompromised children|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 7: ENT infections: management of complications|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 8: Severe S. aureus infections: is it a matter of resistance or toxins?|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 9: Bronchiolitis|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 10: Infections in children treated with chronic immunosuppressive therapy|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 11: Treatment of drug resistant TB (monoresistant, MDR, XDR) |
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 12: Treatment of multi-drug resistant gram negative infections |
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 13: Optimal approach of meningococcal disease|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 14: Emerging diseases: old enemies, new challenges|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 15: Imaging in CNS infectious diseases|
|MEET THE PROFESSOR 16: Community acquired diarrhoea in infants|